A range of experience over the years has helped me to develop my own skills and practice to understand people and their difficulties. As a Line Manager I enjoyed supporting the development and progression of staff which then progressed into one to one coaching work which I found very rewarding.
My experience includes:
- Fourteen years working for Barclays Bank, to include a number of line management roles
- Six years working as a self employed Stress Manager
- Three years working as a Basic Skills (literacy, numeracy and ICT) Tutor
- Four years working as an Administration and Business Manager for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service
- Five years working in the NHS, as a Programme Support Officer for three years and an Organisational Development Manager for two years
As a Personal Development Specialist I use my skills and experience to support individuals and organisations to develop their self awareness, build resilience, communicate assertively and manage their relationships effectively. My book ‘Workforce Wellbeing – how to build organisational strength and resilience‘ was developed from my passion for people to be supported and valued in the workplace. If people feel looked after in their organisation, they’ll work well and support the development of the wider organisation. My ambition for 2020 and beyond is that in time, every employee will feel like that.
In my spare time I enjoy being out in the fresh air, walking and catching up with friends. If I’m indoors I enjoy reading a book in a day and watching films.